1 May, 2014
Chilli Cheese ToastComments : 1 Posted in : Food, Recipes on by : Reema Tags: breakfast, canape, cheese, cheese toast, chilli, chilli cheese toast, recipe, snacks, spicy
I had friends visiting for tea the other day and wanted to make something quick, easy and spicy.
Chilli Cheese Toast is often served as a savoury snack in India. It is essentially, a spicy version of cheese on toast, kicked up with chillies, onions, fresh coriander and spice. I love cheese and this is one of my favourite things to make and eat. 🙂
The wonderful flavours of Indian style chilli cheese toast were a huge hit with my friends. Here’s the recipe for some easy entertaining the next time you have friends coming over.
The recipe makes around 18 chilli cheese toast canapes.
Chilli Cheese Toast
French baguette, sliced
Few handfuls of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 small green chillies, finely chopped
1 handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Pinch of salt
Big pinch of red chilli powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200C and get to work on the rest of the ingredients.
2. Slice the baguette and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or foil.
3. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
4. Divide the cheese mix on top of the baguette slices.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts and the bread is crisp.
6. Serve hot.
The cheese mix can also be made ahead of time so all you need to do when guests arrive is slice the baguette, drizzle with cheese and bake.
You can also use regular bread slices to make your toasts. I used a French baguette to make them look a bit fancy. 😉