24 July, 2014
Fusilli Salad with Tomatoes, Spinach, Feta & Red Chilli
It’s been an amazing summer here in London and one of the best things has been the generous servings of fresh fruits and vegetables I have consumed these past few weeks. It is too hot to eat, perhaps another reason the blog has gone a bit quiet! 😉
I came up with this deliciously cold recipe on a particularly hot day when I wanted pasta but couldn’t face the thought of eating anything warm. Sweet, juicy cherry tomatoes, freshly chopped spinach, crumbly feta, garlic and red chilli combined with cold fusilli pasta and the simplest dressing of lemon juice and olive oil was just what I needed.
This salad is quite filling and great on its own or as a side salad for your next summer BBQ or picnic!
Fusilli Salad with Tomatoes, Spinach, Feta & Red Chilli (Serves 2 as a main meal)
150g fusilli pasta
2 handfuls spinach, chopped
250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
1-2 red chillies, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
75g crumbled feta cheese (more if you like it cheesy!)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Dried red chilli flakes (optional)
1. Cook and drain the pasta and set aside to cool.
2. Add the spinach, tomatoes, chilli, garlic and feta into a large salad bowl and then mix in the pasta.
3. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil and mix.
3. Season with sea salt, black pepper and chilli flakes, if using.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving chilled.