20 June, 2013
10 minute Thai – Chicken, Chilli & Basil Stir FryComments : 5 Posted in : Food, Recipes on by : Reema Tags: Chicken Chilli Basil, Pad Krapow, Stir Fry, Thai, Thai food
It is impossible for me to pick my favourite cuisine but Thai food definitely ranks somewhere in my Top 3!
If you love Thai food, then you will be no stranger to this dish, commonly known as Pad Krapow. A staple at any Thai restaurant, this spicy and fragrant dish is also very quick to make in your own kitchen.
I am a huge fan of simple, fuss free recipes and this one literally takes 10 minutes to put together!
Chicken, Chilli & Basil Stir Fry (Pad Krapow)
700g chicken, minced or cut up into small pieces
1 cup basil leaves
4 bird’s eye chillies, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, finely sliced
2 tablespoons, fish sauce
2 tablespoons, dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons, Thai sweet chilli sauce
1 tablespoon, brown sugar
1. Stir fry the chicken with some oil until it is almost cooked. Set aside.
2. Saute the garlic, shallots and chillies until aromatic and then re-add the chicken.
3. Quickly add the fish sauce, dark soy sauce, Thai sweet chilli sauce and sugar and stir. You can adjust the quantities of sauces to suit your taste.
4. Finish off by adding the basil leaves and stir everything together.
5. Serve hot with jasmine rice. Or serve on a bed of lettuce and make Thai style lettuce wraps.
As you can see, there’s nothing to it!! Super easy and so delicious.
I have my family coming over for dinner this evening and am serving this lovely dish along with a vegetarian Thai Green Curry. You can imagine how good my home smells right now…..Mmmmmmmmm